Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Introduction

Want to get into the game development industry as a level designer? Well you are in the right place!
First a little about myself:

My name is Ian Owen, and I am currently the Lead Level Designer for Planewalker Studios and I work under the title of "indie" game developer. Even though I am the lead level designer I am still a student at The University of Texas at Dallas, and I don't plan on doing indie game development as my career. I am planning on making my way to the AAA sector of video game design. In this blog I will talk about some of the things that allowed me to get where I am today and how I plan on moving forward in the career, some of the things that you will see in this blog post are:

  • Networking (via LinkedIn and in person meetings)
  • Portfolio (How to)
  • Resume (What they are really looking for)
  • Cover Letter (To really stand out)
  • Do's and Don'ts of Interviewing
A new blog post will be made about every 10 days. If you would like for me to elaborate on a specific topic, please let me know as soon as possible!



No comments:

Post a Comment